Sunday, April 26, 2015

state of my chess

since about 2011, i've been trying to establish a goal of playing about 50 real games a year.  in 2012, i got to 41 games, in 2013 i played 52 games, in 2014, i only play 24 games.

in 2015 so far, i've played about 22 games.  i need to reach my goal of 52 games by the end of august.  this means i'm about 10 games behind.  but i think i'll be able to reach my goal.  most of my games are turn-based.  in fact, i've got an active game with robert pearson going right not - it's early into the match.  you can follow that game here.

unfortunately, this is about all the chess i can get in right now.  i started a new assignment at work and it does not leave much time for anything else.  every once in a while, i'm able to sneak away during lunch and solve some problems at chesstempo.  and once a in blue moon, i pull out chess book and read.

if anyone wants to play a 30 0 game or longer, leave a comment.  i play on chess.com or lichess.com.

and lastly, i'm sure everyone has already seen this, but in my effort to document chess violence, i needed to add this to the list: a 10 year old boy jumps to his death after being check-mated

3 comments:

  1. I doubt I would be much of a match, but if you would like to play a 60 0 game on chess.com or lichess I would be game. My name on both is bhandelman (as well as most of the other places to play such as FICS and ICC and Playchess).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also play at chess.com and would be interested in a longer game. You've got the better rating; but my standard rating has been rising recently. I'm about 1480.

    my handle is joliepa.

    there's some really good content here. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That game is over now but I wanted to say thanks! I was a good tough contest. I must admit I thought had an easy win but it was a lot tougher than I thought because you are a fighter!

    ReplyDelete