Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA & PIPA

I've been following SOPA and PIPA for a while now.  It is so nice to see major websites shedding some bright light on this proposed set of laws.

There is no doubt in my mind that these are harmful and dangerous proposals.

For my part, I wanted to share a few links so that you can be more informed and take action to stop this act of Congress.

For lots of information about what SOPA and PIPA would and could do as well as more broad information about this push to protect certain interests, read techdirt.  techdirt also links to another site to take action: stopthewall.us.

Google has also created a petition to stop these acts.  Click here to sign the petition.

Drudge is also running a link to the NYTimes that has an article explaining the protest today.

Another blog I regularly read is by Seth Roberts.  More than anything else I've read (except techdirt), this post by Seth Roberts explains perfectly what this whole issue is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment