Sunday, August 15, 2010

T43 Results

I went 2-1 in T43.  My two wins are here and here.  My loss is here.

The first win was quite interesting - as usual, I worked myself into a poor position.  But my opponent allowed me to push a pawn and he didn't capture it.  He let me hang in long enough and I was able to convert a lost game into a win.

The second win was nice - but really nothing more than a blunder on my opponent's part.  He came at me with a blistering king-side attack which I managed to survive.  I finally got some counterplay and was able to corner his king until he resigned.

The loss - well - that wasn't too surprising.  I got into trouble early and never really recovered.

Our team almost made the playoffs.  I think we're in a good position to do well in T44.

No comments:

Post a Comment