Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FSC: 25 Aug 2009

I'm hoping that now school is back in session people's schedules (including mine) will be more regular. Perhaps more can join in the fun at the FSC every Tuesday and Thursday evening.

I logged into FICS just after 18:00 FICS time and checked channel 111. There were only a handful of people there. I asked if anyone was there for FSC, but no one responded. I posted a 60 0 seek and then fired up some music ... Vince Guaraldi ... to calm my nerves a bit.

I saw chessloser log on. Looked like he played three 5 o's and logged off. Someone finally accepted my seek. It went to 37 moves before I finished it off.

I'll try to be there again Thursday night. Stop on by to play or chat or just to say 'hey'

2 comments:

  1. I looked at the game and can only conclude that white was good in giving pieces away. Anyway, congrats on the nice win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree ... 12. O-O-O was just not a good move ... he should have moved that bishop.

    The next 'give away' at 18. Qd3 wasn't really a give away. Had he played 18. Bxf4, then 18. ... Nc3+! exposing his queen.

    It wasn't really a game to remember, but at this point, I'm just trying to consistently play a long game every week regardless of outcome.

    ReplyDelete