Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Silver

Tactics

I gave in and bought a $20 (silver) subscription to ChessTempo. I really like the site and the extra features seem worth the price.

I continue to work on tactics every day. I was able to get in 60 today. A couple of days ago I was up to 1888 on blitz. But that has gone back down to around 1850. My percentage correct continues to creep up. I've been keeping track of all my chess related stats ... and back on Feb 16 my percentage was 57.33%. Today it is up to 57.63%

Logical Chess

I have about seven games left to read. I'm going over them pretty quickly and picking up stuff here and there.

Play

I didn't get a chance to get any games in tonight or the last few nights. By the time I get some other things done and then after I work on tactics and Logical Chess, my brain isn't so fresh, so I end up not playing. I think tomorrow night I will warm up with a few tactics and then dive right into play. I need to play more longish games and avoid the blitz stuff.

3 comments:

  1. "Logical Chess

    I have about seven games left to read. I'm going over them pretty quickly and picking up stuff here and there."

    And how many of this stuff did you already forget again? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I can remember a couple of critical positions he's discussed. What's sticking is the repetitive stuff. He says things more than once, which I can only surmise that he does so because he thinks it's important ... that's what I'm remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky--I hope to be on FICS (handle "RLP") by around 8:30 pm my time tonight. That may be rather late for you though-are you in Central time? That's 11:30...

    Maybe we can play on a weekend sometime. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete