Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rough Weekend

I lost my latest game in the OCL. My excuse this time was that I was tired and un-focused. My dear wife was very ill over the weekend and so while she was resting, I was taking care of everything else around the house. Thankfully she is feeling better today, but still not 100%. Anyway, my mind wasn't exactly focused on chess by the time the match started.

I really didn't want to play a 60 15 game late at night. I ended up blundering twice and then resigned.

I've been thinking that I just might be better off finding long games on my own rather than finding them via the OCL. It is much easier to focus on a game when I want to play (as opposed to having to play). A boss of mine once said of meetings, "Someone is not going to like what time the meetings start and it's not going to be me." Scheduling these games with people in Russia or Austrilia or even in the US is difficult. I usually have small windows of time to play a long chess game.

As for the tactics ... I'll get back on track tonight. It's been 4 days since I worked on CT-ART. I can't afford to lay off on CT-ART for very many days.

Lastly ... thanks for the shout-out Takchess! God bless you too! Thanks for the encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment