Friday, April 14, 2006

Week 5 - Friday Update - Q30

Mod B Update

Last night I worked on getting some data and information for our 2nd case. I've been reading up on hedge funds and short-selling the last couple of days. I also put a spreadsheet together for the 4th question. Today at lunch, I worked on our write-up a little. Tonight our study group will meet and hammer out the rest. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Tomorrow I'll do work on whatever I need to do for our case. Then I'll need to study up on game theory. I need to read the next chapter and work on the practice exams. It should't be too much.

Quixote Update
Chapter 30

I read chapter 30 last night, but I don't remember what I read! I think it was about Dorotea and how she made up some story to tell Quixote so that he would believe her. It was another story in a story, only this one was made up.

Chess Update

My friend and his wife and my wife and I are all going out tomorrow night to dinner. After dinner, my friend and I are going to play some chess while the wives do some scrapbooking or something. It should be lots of fun!

The 4/14/06 chessgames.com puzzle is 29. ... ? OK, I see Nxd4 30. Nxd4 Rxf4 31. Bxf4 Qxd4 threatening check with Qxf2.

The answer is Qb2 ... I'm pretty clueless on this one. Seems like white would be just find in taking the queen, but he doesn't and I don't have the patience today to read through all the kibitzes. Check out the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment