Thursday, April 27, 2006

An Evening of Game Theory

Game Theory

I studied and studied GT last night. I finally made it all the way through the first two practice exams. He didn't cover auctions in any of our lectures. There were several questions on the practice exams that delt with auctions, so naturally, I didn't do so well on those parts.

Before I went to bed, I sent him an email and asked for an explanation on a few questions from the practice exams. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Tonight, I'll do one more review of the first two practice exams and then I'll take the third practice exam from start to finish. After that, I need to read the case. He's assigned us a case to read. He'll be asking some questions about the case on the final.

Quixote Update

None.

Chess Update

After studying for about 3 hours and before going to bed, I played a few games. I think I won one blitz game and then I played about 4 crazyhouse games ... and lost all four.

The April 27, 2006 chessgames.com puzzle is 33. ... ? Looks like the queen needs to be sac'd. Qd1+ 34. Rxd1 Rxd1+ 35. Ka2 .... woah, woah. Wait a minute. What about Rxb3+. I think that move is better. Ka1 Ra3+ Kb1 Qd1+ and the game is over.

The answer ... nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment